This post may contain affiliate links.
Refresh your Morning Routine
1. Drink water as soon as you wake up! It allows your body to naturally wake up, while kick starting your daily hydration. The water travels through your body telling your organs that its time to wake up. Leave a water bottle by your bed, so it is the first thing that you reach for when you wake up.
2. If it is light out, open your blinds and curtains. Using natural light will wake your body up in a more gentle manner than cold overhead lighting. Exposure to sunlight also alerts your brain that it is time to wake up. You can also have a quick look at the current weather.
3. Try chai tea instead of coffee. It has the caffeine that you’re looking to wake you up without the crash of coffee. You could use chai tea k cups or simply use an electric tea kettle. Chai tea is always my choice for morning caffeine or an afternoon slump. Not to mention, it’s delicious!7 tips you NEED to refresh your morning routine!!! Click To Tweet
4. Use an essential oil diffuser boost your mood while waking you up! Aromatherapy is have a wonderful moment for its amazing benefits! My recommendations for the morning are Peppermint, Wild Orange, Lemon, or any other citrus flavors. The diffuser can be prepared the night before, so you just have to roll over and hit mist. I personally trust DoTerra with my essential oil usage.
5. Make your bed. If you don’t want to climb back into bed, then make it! Use all of the decor pillows too. I struggle with this one, because I love being in my bed even when I’m not sleeping. Committing to making your bed is committing to starting your day.
6. Always use a hydrating moisturizer, because your skin can look awake even if you aren’t awake. Some days you just have to trick people into thinking that you are awake and listening. Not! But awakening your skin with hydration is that same effect as drinking water. It tells our epidermis that it is time to wake up.
7. Create the habit of gratitude. Use a journal or specific notebook to quickly write about the things that you are grateful for that morning. Starting your day in positive space almost always improve your whole day. If you already practice gratitude, check out this post I did about getting the most out of your gratitude journal.
Let me know in the comments other ideas to incorporate into your morning routine.
Ephesians 5:20-21 ESV Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.